Community Support Worker
SMP lifeskills2work supports, coordinates and facilitates community based programs and activities for adults who need assistance due to disability. Our organisation is looking to employ experienced Community Support Workers in the Disability Sector.
We are looking for casual and part time team members that have a contemporary understanding of what living a good life means for a person with disability.
• A firm understanding of and strong desire to work with adults with Autism, intellectual and physical disabilities
• Confidence in dealing with challenging behaviours
• Excellent planning, organising and time management skills
• Enthusiasm, energy and adaptability
• The ability to plan and create fun,exciting and socially interactive activities
• A can do attitude to go that extra mile whilst remaining motivated, positive and focused
• A minimum of 2 years' experience supporting people with disabilities or a Certificate III or VI in disabilities or a related field with 6 month’s experience.
• A valid National Police Clearance no more than 12 months old.
• A valid First Aid certificate.
• Hold a full C class driver's license
Although the role is not office based, positions are supported through our Spearwood hub and Gosnells hub.
We offer $23 – $25 per hour plus casual loading, where applicable, with the opportunity to salary package.
Please send your resume along with a covering letter addressing the selection criteria above to your preferred location:
Fiona Christensen, Area Manager
Joanne Connell, Area Manager
If you would like to make a difference in someone else's life, fill in the enquiry form below.
Current Job Vacancies
Fill in the form below and we'll get back to you!
If you would like to make a general enquiry, fill in the enquiry form below.
Free Call: 1300 100 767